Brookridge Timber a prominent timber trader and cladding supplier in the South West, showcases its exceptional proficiency and commitment to quality through its meticulous timber pressure treating processes. These processes, aimed at enhancing the longevity, durability, and quality of timber, highlight Brookridge Timber’s dedication to providing top-tier timber solutions for a variety of applications.
The Process of Timber Treatment
Brookridge Timber employs both high and low-pressure timber treatment methods, each serving distinct purposes and end-uses. The high-pressure treatment involves a rigorous industrial process, injecting wood preservative deep into the timber’s cellular structure through a high-pressure vacuum process. This method, which utilises a combination of copper and triazole biocides, offers robust protection against decay organisms and insect attacks. The result is timber with an initial pale green coloration, gracefully transitioning to a honey brown and eventually a natural silver grey, embodying an elegant aging process without compromising the preservative protection. For those desiring a richer aesthetic, Brookridge Timber offers a brown pigmented treatment, integrating both visual appeal and high-grade protection.
Low-pressure treatment, on the other hand, is designed for construction and joinery timbers. It encompasses an industrial low-pressure, double vacuum process, enveloping the timber in a protective preservative without altering its precise dimensions. This method is particularly suited for applications above ground contact and, when used for exterior joinery, necessitates an appropriate and well-maintained surface coating to ensure longevity and resistance against decay and insect attack.
The Benefits of Pressure Treated Timber
Brookridge Timber’s pressure-treated timber boasts numerous advantages:
- Longevity and Durability: Pressure-treated timber offers unmatched resistance to decay and insect attack, significantly extending the service life of timber products.
- Versatility: Suitable for a wide array of applications, pressure-treated timber from Brookridge Timber is adaptable and can be used in diverse settings, from agricultural structures to sophisticated architectural designs.
- Structural Integrity: High-pressure treatment enhances the density of the wood fibers, bolstering the timber’s strength and making it an excellent choice for load-bearing applications.
- Aesthetic Versatility: With options like the brown pigmented high-pressure treatment, Brookridge Timber ensures that aesthetic value is not sacrificed for durability and protection.
- Cost-Efficiency: The extended lifespan and reduced maintenance requirements of pressure-treated timber translate to significant cost savings over time.
Commitment to Quality and Sustainability
Brookridge Timber’s commitment to quality is evident in its meticulous treatment processes, upheld in ISO 9001 audited facilities, ensuring that every piece of timber meets the highest standards of protection and durability. The adherence to the Use Class requirements of BS 8417 reflects the company’s dedication to industry best practices and customer satisfaction.
Furthermore, Brookridge Timber’s pressure-treated timber not only stands as a testament to the company’s expertise but also to its dedication to sustainability. By extending the lifespan of timber products and reducing the need for frequent replacements, Brookridge Timber contributes to sustainable construction practices and responsible resource utilisation.
High Quality Treated Timber And Timber Cladding
Brookridge Timber Ltd exemplifies professionalism in the timber industry through its advanced pressure treating processes. By delivering high-quality, durable, and aesthetically pleasing timber products, the company not only meets but exceeds customer expectations, ensuring that every timber product from Brookridge Timber is a testament to excellence and sustainability.