Timber cladding is becoming more and more popular as people are beginning to see the benefits of using this type of exterior wall covering. There are many reasons why timber cladding is a better choice than other materials, such as brick or concrete. In this blog post, we will discuss 20 of the main benefits of exterior timber cladding for buildings.
20 Reasons Why You May Be Looking For Timber Cladding
Here are 20 reasons why timber exterior cladding is more popular than ever, and why you may be looking for a Somerset timber cladding supplier:
1. It is a natural product that is sustainable and environmentally friendly.
2. Timber cladding is versatile and can be used on a wide variety of buildings.
3. It is a cost effective way to clad a building.
4. Timber cladding is long lasting and durable.
5. It can be used to create an attractive and eye-catching finish on a building.
6. Timber cladding for buildings is easy to maintain and can be cleaned using simple methods.
7. It helps to insulate a building, which can lead to energy savings.
8. Timber cladding is fire resistant and can help to protect a building in the event of a fire.
9. It provides natural ventilation and reduces the need for air conditioning in buildings.
10. Timber cladding is insect resistant and does not suffer from insect damage like some other materials do.
12. Timber cladding is available in a wide range of colours and finishes, allowing you to create a unique look for your building.
13. It is easy to install and does not require specialist skills or equipment.
14. Timber cladding can be used on both new builds and renovations projects.
15. It adds value to a property and can increase the resale value by up to 15%.
16. Timber cladding is non-toxic and does not release harmful fumes or particles into the atmosphere.
17. It is hygienic and does not harbour bacteria or mould like some other materials do .
18 .It does not rust or corrode over time, making it a long lasting option for cladding your building .
19 .Timber cladding creates an attractive rustic look that can enhance the appearance of any building .
20 .Overall, timber cladding is an affordable, practical and attractive option for cladding your building that has many benefits over other materials.
What types of timber cladding are there?
Popular types of exterior timber cladding for buildings include Canadian Cedar, Siberian Larch, Homegrown Larch, European Redwood, Homegrown Cedar, Cedar Shingles, Red Grandis, Thermowood, and Waney Edge.
For example, the benefits of Canadian cedar cladding for buildings include:
-It is a natural material, so it is environmentally friendly.
-It is durable and long lasting.
-It is resistant to rot, decay, and insects.
-It has a beautiful natural appearance that can improve the aesthetics of a building.